MY TEACHING PHILOSOPHY

>> Wednesday, July 1, 2009

TEACHING PHILOSOPHY

I have 5 point of views which resemble my teaching philosophy

1. I want my students to understand and follow the lesson during teaching and learning process for both in theoretically and practically those they gained from my class. The activity and learning style should attract the students to enjoy learning physics in class. Their understanding hopefully can be use to identify and differentiate the topics they have learn in physics and implement their knowledge base on what, why, where, when and how they should apply the concept in daily life. In order to achieve it, I emphasize to plan my lesson plan that considered on acquisition of student's process skills. By using combination of process skill, the students are able to construct their knowledge by their own. This will make them appreciate science. Next, I show them the latest applications and discoveries in science. The objective is to put the material in the context of larger scope than just in the classroom; and also to make the learning process become relevant.

2. I believe each and every student has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world. I will help students to develop their potential by believing in them as capable individuals. I will assist children in discovering who they are, so they can express their own opinions and nurture their own ideas. I have a vision of a world where people learn to respect, accept, and embrace the differences between us, as the core of what makes life so fascinating.

3. I will be an educator who is up-to-date with the latest trend in science education. So my studies will not stop at this master's degree level. The lifelong learning process will continue throughout my life. I am also interested in doing educational research. In this way, I can both convey the latest discoveries and publish the result to the public.

5. I want to teach my students to think both independently and originally. It
means will try to develop student’s confidence in his/her own ideas and opinions. Student centered learning is the best way to train my students think in the creative and critical ways. For example, give the problem scenario in the lesson in order to push them to think and generate the possible solution.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP